Evaluation Work Group
The Healthy Start Evaluation Work Group was created by the National Healthy Start Association in February 2011 to address the need for establishing the Healthy Start design as an evidence-based model.
The Healthy Start Evaluation Work Group is designed to:
- Create minimum standards for Healthy Start sites in order to solidify the Healthy Start Model;
- Advocate for coordination of the Work Group activities with those of HRSA;
- Insure the implementation of the Minimum Standards is feasible for all Healthy Start sites;
- Facilitate a rigorous research study in order to establish the Healthy Start Model as the primary cause of change related to Healthy Start goals; and
- Communicate with stakeholders the progress made by the Work Group.
The Work Group consists of NHSA Board Members, NHSA Staff Members, and representatives from 17 different Healthy Start Initiatives. The Work Group meets primarily via conference calls monthly and more often by sub-work groups. The Work Group considers its mission as urgent and works thoroughly and in a timely manner in order to accomplish its goals.
Please see the available pages to this website for a review of its past and current work status. In addition, you may review presentations made by the Work Group as well as the submitted questions and answers.