NHSA will post job opportunities here when we have openings (see below). Also check the Additional Job Opportunities page for positions offered by other organizations. To have a position announcement posted, please send the information, with a deadline, to NHSA’s webmaster.
The National Healthy Start Association (NHSA) is looking for a Data-Evaluation Intern to join our organization. We are offering a 6 month (part-time, flexible hours) remote internship, starting October or November 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented graduate student interested in Maternal and Child Health, Public health data analytics and evaluation who wants to be part of a highly motivated and professional team.
Applicants must be enthusiastic and well-organized with excellent oral and written communication skills. Applicants should also have a proven interest in public health, evaluation, and the issues related to women, children and families as well as identify with the mission of NHSA.
The NHSA Data-Evaluation Intern will work closely with Program Managers to manage and maintain correspondence and communication within the organization and to the NHSA membership. In addition, the intern will assist with the organization’s current workaround evaluation and research. This internship is valuable for those interested in health informatics, health reform, evaluation, public health, allied health professions, health education, social work, community-based health work, and more. Interns will receive a stipend of $5000 during the 6-month period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data-Evaluation Intern provides support and assistance to NHSA /AIM CCI staff in the following areas:
- Assist with activities related to the National Infant Mortality Awareness Campaign.
- Update NHSA Membership Profile database and mailing lists.
- Keep membership and organization up to date on health policies that affect Healthy Start.
- Send out e-mail alerts and notifications.
- Draft content for newsletters, press releases, and website and blog postings.
- Assist in writing policy updates, white papers, issue briefs and articles.
- Attend meetings, briefings remotely with program leadership and partner organizations.
- Provide logistical, administrative and organizational support to the organization.
- Assist with staffing the NHSA Evaluation Workgroup.
- Analyze data and information of evaluations for NHSA programs.
- Assist in the development of a catalog system of Healthy Start evaluation materials
Education and/or Experience:
- A student pursuing a graduate degree in Public Health, Informatics, Data Analytics or any health-related fields.
- Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program with a 3.0 minimum GPA or better.
- Creative, some graphic design experience is helpful.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and the ability to learn new programs quickly (databases, web content management, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Database or information management training or experience.
- Ability to fact check, proofread and draft materials.
- Comfortable with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Good team player.
- Ability to multitask, handle details and maintain organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Flexible and keen to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter in one document with the subject line “Data-Evaluation Internship” to email@example.com.